Monday, August 18, 2008

It's all about me!=)

Hi there friends! Wow! I'm so glad you dropped by to read this amateur blogger's posts. Hehe. Probably you would ask, "Who is this girl and why should I read her blogs?" Well, it would be rude of me not to introduce myself because I'm very much aware that I'm just new to this kind of industry, as some people might call it.

So here it goes. I hope you can bear with me since I'm really not into blogging. :b

My name is Myra Rose Olave Javellana and I'm simply ME!=) People usually refer to me by my nickname which is Mai-mai or Mai.=) So where did the name Mai-mai come from and where did it all begin? If you are asking the same question, then you should talk to my mother! Haha. Just kidding!:b Actually, it all started long long ago when I was still in my mother's womb. We are all aware that pregnant women tend to have more odd behaviors towards things compared to normal people. And being a pregnant woman back then, my mother just badly craved for Siomai, this famous Chinese delicacy or Chinese dumpling. Since 'mai' is the last syllable of that word, then *tada* they named me Mai-mai!=)

I was born on the 13th of September in the year 1991 at exactly 6:27am in Lipa, Batangas according to my trusty NSO birth certificate! Haha.=) I remembered what my mother said about her pregnancy then. She told me that she really suffered when she was carrying me in her womb. Is it because I was too heavy? Haha. No, it was only because she was already a bit old to still have a baby. She said that she had a really hard time letting me out but it was a good thing that nothing bad happened to both of us and I thank God for that!=) Now, I am already 17 years old and still growing into a mature young lady.=)

I am currently a UP Diliman Freshman, taking up BS Business Economics. I must admit that I consider myself as a struggling student for the reason that I don't have a good background in many subjects. Where I studied highschool, everything was so much easier. We were spoon fed by our teachers with the lessons, the answers, the grades and just about everything. I didn't get use to being independent and to speaking up for myself but now I am proud to say that I can already do a lot of things by myself. I can now depend on myself to be able to survive the UP life and I am happy.=)

What else should you know about me? Uhm...

I'm really just your average girl with a twist!=) I am simple, amiable, fun to be with, approachable at times and cute. Haha. Just kidding. Well, maybe only because I can look a little younger for my age according to some people.=) I really like making friends because I really think that it would be fun if someday, wherever I go or turn, someone would recognize me and say hi to me!=) Although in class I may seem to be a very quiet student, outside the four walls of my classrooms, I can be a very talkative and friendly girl.=) I like exploring and seeing what other people are like 'cause honestly, I'm trying to search for real friends. I don't want to be a person who has so many friends but no true ones because as we all know, quantity doesn't matter but quality does.=) Hopefully, I will be able to find them in the campus.=)

I am proud to say that I'm in love with someone! Hehe. I'm in love with God!=) He's my source of strength and happiness whenever I face the most difficult challenges in my life. He assures me that I can always depend on Him even if everybody's already gone. With Him, I am safe from any harm and temptations. He is my refuge and I'm certain that I can never go wrong if I just entrust my life to Him!=) I believe in the saying that "everything happens for a reason". Sometimes it's not easy to accept understand this because of everything that you're going through but don't be blinded. Believe me, God has a plan for you! He is just preparing you for something better!=) Just hold on to your faith in Him and you will find the true happiness.=)

I am also the kind of person who treasures everyone who crosses her path. I know that every person that I meet is significant. Each one has a contribution to my life no matter how small or big it is.=) For this reason, I love all the people that I've met in my 17 years of existence especially those who have stayed with me despite every hardship that we've been through. I love my YFC friends, my highschool friends, my college friends, my workshop friends, my reviewmates, my other close friends, my acquaintances, my former and present classmates and of course, my family!=) I am really thankful to God for showering me with so much blessings like them!=) I know that I would never be this person today if not for each one of them so I am humbly grateful!=)

Like any other person, I'm not perfect. I know that I do have a lot of flaws and I'm a little rough around the edges. I admit that there are really times when I appear a bit snobbish to people. It is not that I intend to make people think like I'm really unapproachable, it is just that I don't want them to see me as someone lame and someone who they can just boss around or offend. I've been through a lot and I've been fooled by a lot of people for so many times already and to tell you the truth, I'm quite tired of being treated like that. That is why I'm trying to show people a different side of me.=) I have developed a strong personality because of those experiences and I am using this to actually defend myself when people already take advantage of my kindness to them. It's not that I act tough and all that. I just show it through the way I handle my life. I prove to people that I'm not as vulnerable as before and so far, it has been doing me well.=)

Hmm.. I think that those are all the things you need to know about me!=) I hope that you can also become a part of my life! Thank you!=) Take care and may God bless you!=)

No comments: